Friday, January 4, 2013

Stop calling me for no reason




My son's teacher calls me to give me updates on almost everything he does wrong.  I get a phone call at least every three weeks. Today was one of those days.  So my son points with his middle finger.  I always noticed this was weird, but it is what it is.  He is in first grade and has no clue what it means.  She calls today to tell me 4 kids said he pointed his middle finger at someone.  Of course, she explained it was a mean finger and he lost recess.  He was so upset when I spoke to him about it. "But mommy, all fingers are good fingers.  I didn't do anything wrong.  I wish we only had pinkies so my teacher wouldn't yell at me."  When I spoke to his teacher, I assumed he knew it was a bad finger, but after I spoke with him it became very clear to me that his classmates knew it was a bad finger and that is why they tattled on him.   My son was crying and saying he never wants to go back to school because kids get him in trouble.  I am a sucker for tears, so now I feel bad and want to say something to his teacher about it.  I won't, instead I will complain about her on this blog.  She is a wonderful teacher, but at this moment in time I am mad at her for making my awesome kid cry.  Of course, my kid is in no way responsible for anything wrong , he is just like his mommy....perfect.  Did you ever get annoyed at your child's teacher??  I used to teach before I was a counselor, so I have been on the other side of the desk.  I know I bothered some parents and they did not find me to be totally amazing.  However, I know I never called parents over kids being kids.  And so you know I am not over reacting, the phone call last month was because he forgets to put his chair on his desk before he leaves for the day....come on!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment